If you choose a domain name, keeping all these factors in your mind then it will rank remarkably well. You just have to consider these following simple yet essential steps to have a good search engine friendly domain for online presence:
- CHOOSE A DOMAIN NAME BASED ON YOUR WEBSITE NAME: Yes, it is the primary necessity. But, most of us forget to do so. There are many websites that are not named after their domain names. Now the question is why we should do this? Well, when anyone who thinks of your website should always think of it by the name of the website for sure. If your URL matches the name of your website, then it will appear as an easy task to find out your website.
- CHOOSE A BRAND SPECIFIC OR GENERIC DOMAIN NAME: You can also build your website on the generic domain and can redirect the brand name to the generic domain. By doing this, you could have some extra benefit of link building using a keyword based name but also have the opportunity to include the brand name in your advertising.
- ALWAYS REGISTER YOUR DOMAIN NAME FOR A LONG TIME: There are many business owners that cannot understand the difference between renewing and registering a domain name for a long time. Always look for what your competitors do. If they have registered or renewed their domain name for one or two years, then you have to register or renew your website domain name for more than five years or ten years. So, your question is WHY? Search engines use age to determine the credibility and genuineness of the business as a whole. For you information, if Google finds a new domain name with a shorter expiration date, then it can mark it as a spam.
- BEST LENGTH OF YOUR DOMAIN NAME: Your domain name should not be lengthier than sixty-seven characters. But that does not mean that you have to choose something difficult to understand. In our opinion, shorter domain will work as the best alternative as people can easily remember this, and, can easily type this in search bars without making any spelling errors. While on the other hand, long domain names that have your keywords in them obviously has huge benefits. Keywords in domain name always assist a website to get better search position in search engine result page.
- PREFER NOT TO CHOOSE A HYPHANATED DOMAIN NAME: Sometimes, business owners prefer to choose a hyphenated domain name for getting the name that they want, but it can make an effect. Someone may forget to put the hyphens and can end up finding an error message. So always try to avoid this.
- WHICH EXTENSION WILL WORK AS THE BEST: It is known as the common question that people always ask. But, unfortunately, it totally depends on the business type and service region. So, if you choose a domain name with an extension other than “.com”, then you have to make sure that you promote your business with the full domain name.
CONCLUSION: Though, it is right that, strategic SEO plan can provide you the success, but choosing a SEO friendly domain name can also assist you to get the success more easily.